If a phone is being migrated from another system or is not behaving as expected, it is a good idea to restore it to the factory default state before provisioning with the ParagonVoIP Provisioning Server.
This information is provided as a courtesy only based on internal testing and common experience of other users. The behavior of a given phone may be different from what is described here due restrictions imposed by other systems or different behavior associated with a specific firmware load. ParagonVoIP is not responsible for unintended results that may arise.
If the Admin Password for the phone is available, then this will restore it to factory default:
- Press Menu on your Polycom phone.
- Navigate to Settings --> Advanced. You will be prompted for a password.
- From Admin Settings, navigate to Reset to Default. Choose the appropriate setting from above either "Reset Local Configuration" (recommended), "Reset Web Configuration" (recommended) "Reset Device Settings" (recommended), or "Format File System" (not recommended)
If the Admin Password is not know, then use the following steps
1. Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone you want to reset and write it down. (example of a mac address would be: 0004F2xxxxxx).
Note: The MAC address can be found on the rear of the phone, or you can see the MAC address by pressing Menu, 2, 1, 1.
2. Restart the phone by powering down.
3. While phone is powering back up (you have about 5-10 seconds to complete this step):
For SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450 press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time.
For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time.
For VVX 300 , 310, 400, 410 , VVX 500, VVX600 and SpectraLink 8400 Series press and hold the 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys at the same time.
4. Continue holding down the numbers for few seconds, until you are prompted to enter the admin password.
5. Enter the MAC address of the phone (letters should be entered as lower case). To use letters try one of the following:
* depress the # key to get into alpha mode
* on a VVX-series depress "mode" to switch to alpha mode
* IP depress the option 1/A/a to switch to alpha mode
6. You should now be able to log into the phone with the default admin password of "456" and configure you phone.
- Press and hold the 'OK' key on the face of the phone for 10 seconds.
- When prompted, accept the Factory Reset option.
- Press MENU button to bring up the keypad configuration menu;
- Select "System" and enter;
- Select "Operations - Factory Reset";
- A warning window will pop out to make sure a reset is requested and confirmed;
- Press the "Yes" soft key to confirm and the phone will reboot. To cancel the Reset, press “No” soft key instead.