Give this trunk a name to help you identify it.
Specify the interface type according to the trunk specification.
Specify the Signaling type PRI.
Select the frame format for this trunk according to the requirements of your country and carrier. The frame format of the PBX must be the same as that of the carrier. Otherwise, the link cannot be established.
- When the Interface Typeis E1, Framing options are:
Note: CRC4 is a method of checking for errors in data transmitted on E1 trunk lines.
- When the Interface Typeis T1 or J1, Framing options are:
Choose the line code for this trunk according to the direction provided by carrier.
- When the Interface Typeis E1, Line Code options are:
- When the Interface Typeis T1 or J1, Line Code options are:
Choose the codec for this trunk.
This option enables or disables echo cancellation.
Note: If an echo occurs during a call, you can enable echo cancellation.
Set the channel used to carry control information and signaling information.
- If Interface Type is set to E1, enter a channel number from 1 to 31.
- If Interface Type is set to T1 or J1, enter a channel number from 1 to 24.
Configure the switch type according to the direction provided by carrier.
- If Interface Type is set to E1, Switch Type option are:
- If Interface Type is set to T1 or J1, Switch Type option are:
- National 2
- National 1
- AT&T 4ess
- Lucent 5ess
Specify whether this interface will act like the user or the network.
If the service provider acts as the network, the PBX needs to be set as the user.
If the service provider acts as the user, the PBX needs to be set as the network.
Define whether the system can dial this switch using overlap digits or not. If you need Direct Dial-in, then enable this option.
|Facility-based ISDN Supplementary Services||Decide whether to enable transmission of facility-based ISDN supplementary services (such as caller name from CPE over facility) or not. The default is checked.|
|Carrier Hangup Tone Detection|
- If this option is enabled, you will hear the hangup tone played by your carrier when the other party hangs up. (Please first check with your carrier whether they will send the prompt or not.).
- If disabled, you will hear the hangup tone played by the system when the other party hangs up.
|PRI Indication||Tells how the PBX should indicate busy and congestion to the switch/user. The default is "Out-of-Band".|
- Inband: PBX plays indication tones without answering; not available on all PRI/BRI subscription lines.
- Out-of-Band: PBX disconnects with busy/congestion information code so the switch will play the indication tones to the caller.
|Reset Interval (s)||This sets the time in seconds between restart of unused B channels. The default is "Never".|
Note: Set the interval to "Never" if you do not wish the channel to restart.
|Enable DNIS||Dialed Number Identification Service is a telephone service that enables a company to identify which telephone number was dialed. Users could configure DNIS to allow the IP phones to display which trunk is passing the call.|
|DID Number||The DID number to associate with the trunk. This number is used to identify which line of the trunk is passing the call.|
|DNIS Name||Dialed Number Identification Service is a telephony service used to identify which telephone number was dialed. By enabling this service and configuring a name for this DNIS and the DID number, when a call reaches the configured DID number and the trunk, the name will be displayed on the ringing phone.|
|Calling Party Numbering Plan||Select the Calling Party Numbering Plan.|
|Calling Party Numbering Type||Select the Calling Party Numbering Type.|
|Called Party Numbering Plan||Select the Calling Party Numbering Plan.|
|Called Party Numbering Type||Select the Called Party Numbering Type.|
|Presentation Indicator||The PI provides instructions on whether or not the provided calling line identity is allowed to be presented, or indicate that the number is not available.|
|Screen Indicator||The SI provides information on the source and the quality of the provided information.|
|ISDN Dialplan||Enable or disable the ISDN/telephony numbering plan (Recommendation E.164)|
|International Prefix||Dialplan: '(Called Party Numbering Plan: ISDN +)Called Party Numbering Type: International'.|
|National Prefix||Dialplan: '(Called Party Numbering Plan: ISDN +)Called Party Numbering Type: National'.|
|Local Prefix||Dialplan: '(Called Party Numbering Plan: ISDN +)Called Party Numbering Type: Subscriber'.|
|Private Prefix||Dialplan: 'Called Party Numbering Plan: private + Called Party Numbering Type: Subscriber'.|
|Unknown Prefix||Dialplan: '(Called Party Numbering Plan: ISDN +)Called Party Numbering Type: Unknown'.|