The default voice prompts and announcements in the system are suitable for almost every situation. However, you may want to use your own voice prompt to make it more meaningful and suitable for your case. In this case, you need to upload a custom prompt to the system or record a new prompt and apply it to the place you want to change.
Go to Settings > PBX > Voice Prompts > Custom Prompts to record and upload custom prompts.
Recording Custom Prompts
1. Click Record New, and the following picture appears.
2. Specify the prompt Name.
3. Select the Extension to receive the call from the PBX, and make the record on the phone.
4. Click Record, the system will call the extension.
5. Pick up the call from the extension and start to record following by the prompt.
6. When you finish and save the record, the recorded file will be listed on the Custom Prompt page.
Uploading Custom Prompts
1. Click Upload, the following picture appears.
2. Click Browse to choose a file from your local PC.
3. Click Upload to start upload the file.
4. When done, you can see the file listed on the Custom Prompt page.
Note: the music file name should not contain special characters, and the file format should be WAV:
- gsm 6.10 8kHz, Mono, 1Kb/s
- alaw/ulaw 8kHz, Mono, 1Kb/s
- pcm 8kHz,Mono,16Kb/s
How to Convert Audio File Format?