To make calls and receive calls from an IAX extension, you need to register the IAX extension on an IP phone or soft phone.
Note: Only few phones support IAX protocol, we recommend that you use SIP extensions.
In this topic, we take Zoiper softphone for example to introduce how to register an IAX extension.
1.Gather information of extension registration
For most IAX phones, the following items are needed for the IAX phone to register with Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
- IP address of PBX (e.g.192.168.5.30)
- Extension information
- Extension (e.g.1000)
- Registration Password (e.g. Yeastar6041)
- Caller ID (e.g.1000)
- Caller ID name (e.g.Ann)
2.Register the extension on Zoiper
3.Confirm registration status
- Run Zoiper.exe, go to .
- In the Add new IAX account window, enter the extension number 1000, and click OK.
- In the IAX account options, enter the required items as follows.
- Server Hostname/IP: 192.168.5.30
- Username: 1000
- Password: Yeastar6041
- Caller ID Name: Ann
- Caller ID Number: 1000
- Click OK and Apply.
You can do one of the followings to check if the extension is registered..