Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX supports Inter-Asterisk Exchange (IAX) protocol. IAX is used for transporting VoIP telephony sessions between servers and terminal devices. Before registering an IAX account on phones, you need to create an IAX account.
Note: Only few phones support IAX protocol, we recommend that you use SIP extensions.
- Go to Add., click
- On the Basic page, go to General section, and set the general settings of the extension.
- Type: Select the checkbox of IAX.
- Extension: Enter the extension number.
- Caller ID: Enter the caller ID number. The called party will see this caller ID number when the extension user makes an outgoing call.
- Caller ID name: Enter the caller ID name. The called party will see this caller ID name when the extension user makes an outgoing call.
- Registration Password: The password is used to register the extension.
- On the Basic page, go to User Information section, and set the user information.
- Email: Extension user can reset his/her login password, receive voice mails, faxes, or PBX notifications via this email address.
- User Password: Extension user can log in the PBX or log in Linkus mobile client by the user password.
- Prompt Language: The language of voice prompts. The default prompt language is the same as the system language. If the extension user speaks foreign language, you can set a specific system prompt.
Note: Before selecting other system prompts, go to to download online prompts.
- Mobile Number: Extension user can receive the PBX notifications or forwarded calls on this mobile number.
- Click Presence, Features, Advanced, or Call Permission tab to configure other settings.
- Click Save and Apply.