Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX supports Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). SIP is used in VoIP communications allowing users to make and receive voice calls for free over the Internet. Before registering a SIP account on phones, you need to create a SIP account.
- Go to Add., click
- On the Basic page, go to General section, and set the general settings of the extension.
- Type: Select the checkbox of SIP.
- Extension: Enter the extension number.
- Caller ID: Enter the caller ID number. The called party will see this caller ID number when the extension user makes an outgoing call.
- Registration Name: The name used to register a SIP extension.
- Caller ID name: Enter the caller ID name. The called party will see this caller ID name when the extension user makes an outgoing call.
- Concurrent Registrations: Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX supports to register one SIP extension number on multiple phones. When a call reaches the extension number, all phones will ring. The maximum number of concurrent registrations is 5.
- Registration Password: The password is used to register the extension.
- On the Basic page, go to User Information section, and set the user information.
- Email: Extension user can reset his/her login password, receive voice mails, faxes, or PBX notifications via this email address.
- User Password: The password is used to log in the PBX or log in Linkus client. The password is generated randomly by default.
- Prompt Language: The language of voice prompts. The default prompt language is the same as the system language. If the extension user speaks foreign language, you can set a specific system prompt.
Note: Before selecting other system prompts, go to to download online prompts.
- Mobile Number: Extension user can receive the PBX notifications or forwarded calls on this mobile number.
- Optional: Click Presence, Features, Advanced, or Call Permission tab to configure other settings.
- Click Save and Apply.