If your VoIP provider is not included in the supported VoIP provider list, and you have got a VoIP account with user name and password, you can set up a Register Trunk on Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
Assume that you bought a SIP trunk from the VoIP provider, and the trunk information is displayed as below. We will introduce how to set up a Register Trunk according to the trunk information.
|Provided DID numbers||5503301 / 5503302 / 5503303|
- Go to Add., click
- In the Name field, enter a trunk name.
- In the Select Country drop-down list, select General.
- In the Trunk Type drop-down list, select Register Trunk.
- Enter the trunk information that is provided by the VoIP provider:
- Hostname/IP: Enter the IP address or the domain of the VoIP provider (e.g.,abc.provider.com).
- Domain: Enter the IP address or the domain of the VoIP provider (e.g., abc.provider.com).
- User Name: Enter the username to register to the VoIP provider (e.g., 254258255).
- Password: Enter the password that is associated with the username (e.g., 05JsOmsIS54SYh).
- Authenticate: Enter the authentication name to register to the VoIP provider (e.g., 254258255).
- From User: Enter the same name as User Name (e.g., 254258255).
- If the trunk DID number is different from the trunk authentication name, you need to set the DID number.
- Click Advanced tab, enter the DID Numbers which is provided by the VoIP provider (e.g., 5503301).
- Select the checkbox of DNIS Name, enter a DNIS name for the DID number.
When users call the DID number, the DNIS name will be displayed on ringing phone.
- Click and repeat steps i-ii to add another DID numbers.
- Configure other VoIP trunk settings as your need.
- Click Save and Apply.
You can check the trunk status in PBX Monitor. If the trunk status shows , the trunk is ready for use.