The ParagonVoIP Instant Fax service gives PBX Users the option to view received faxes, and send outbound faxes directly from the PBX portal. To place an order to route inbound faxes to a user, contact your sales representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your sales rep will work with you to select a new or existing fax line, and setup the initial support ticket to implement the system.
Setup and management of your Instant Fax Portal is completed via ParagonVoIP support. All changes are to be requested via your support portal or via email at email@example.com.
Inbound faxes will appear in the Fax Inbox and will be emailed to the email address of the PBX User. You can access the Fax Menu item on the User Portal (not visible on Manager Portal).
Note: Email Notification of the User must be enabled to get a copy of the fax on their Email.
To Enable: Go to Users > Voicemail > Unified Messaging > Email Notification
To send a fax with email to fax, view this article.
To send a fax from the PBX portal, click the Send Fax button in the Fax Inbox page.
Step by Step Instructions to Send a Fax:
- Click the Send Fax button.
- Choose the appropriate Cover Page option:
- Compose - This option will allow you to enter text that will be sent as a cover page.
- File - This option will allow you to choose a file which will be sent as a cover page. The system accepts the following files formats for the cover page: html; pdf; doc; docx; jpg; png; odt.
- Choose a file to be faxed. The system accepts the following files formats for the fax document: html; pdf; doc; docx; jpg; png; odt.
- Select the Caller ID number that you wish to appear on the outbound fax.
- Enter the phone number of the fax recipient in the Phone Number field. The number entered should be 11 digits for a U.S. number, or 011+destination for an International number.
- Click the Send button
- When the fax is accepted by the Fax Server, a notification message will be displayed.
Instant Fax Caller ID
When sending an outbound fax, you will be allowed to choose as Caller ID any DID that is already routed to the portal user or available in the PBX Inventory of the domain.
If there is no DID currently routed to the portal user, then the system will use 0000000000 as the Caller ID for outbound faxes.
When a user sends a fax from the Instant Fax Portal, the User's fax number is shown in the header of the fax document that is sent. It is not possible to show the User's fax number in the actual caller ID of the call to the receiver's fax machine
The Caller ID number selected by the User will be inserted in the header of the fax document
Once a fax is uploaded to the fax server for delivery, it will be placed into an outgoing job queue for delivery. The fax server will continue trying to deliver the fax for 30 minutes. If the fax can not be delivered within 30 minutes, the job will be aborted. Common reasons for non-delivery of faxes include busy numbers and human's answering the destination fax line. Users will receive a notification stating the status of the fax.
Notification regarding the status of sent faxes will be placed into the Sent Folder of the Fax page (sent fax notifications will NOT be emailed to the PBX User).
Send/Receive Fax limit: 20Mb or 100 pages (whichever comes first).
HIPAA compliant fax options
- Utilizing the user's portal to retrieve a fax is considered HIPPA compliant as long as email forwarding options are not used.
- Faxes should be sent by a single individual to the single intended recipient, not a group fax accessible option.
- FAX ATA is not considered as HIPPA compliant.
Please consult with your ParagoVoIP support team if you have any questions or concerns about HIPPA compliance.